• Laundry room
• Repair leaks and cracks in basement and eliminate all other sources of moisture.
• Use a hygrometer to monitor humidity levels.
• Provide direct ventilation with an outside exhaust for moisture sources such as stoves, showers, and clothes dryers.
• Do not hang clothes to dry in the basement unless the area is well ventilated, with stale air being exhausted to the outdoors.
• Install a balanced, whole-house ventilation system that controls moisture by bringing in drier outside air, where possible.
• Provide an outside area for drying firewood.